About Me

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I am a certified esthetician only out of school for two years, but figured it would be a nice idea to start a blog about my experiences with beauty care.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

confussion between skin types and skin conditions

When people come to me and say, "my skin type is sensitive or dehydrated" that's not really the case. These are skin condidtions that any skin type can have. A person with sehboric, oily or dry(skin types) can all have redness of the skin(congested/sensitive), dehydrated(Transepidermal water loss) and be mature.

To get a good look at the skin type we must first treat the condition.

Ex Client presents tight pores, along with congested redness
 My skin analysis would be dry with erythrosis(congested redness).

I'd treat the erythrosis first with a decongesting treatment(to reduce the redness) followed by a nourishing treatment(make skin supple not dry)


  Questions and comments are always appreciated                                          
                                                                           Sleepy Flower

No comments:

Post a Comment