About Me

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I am a certified esthetician only out of school for two years, but figured it would be a nice idea to start a blog about my experiences with beauty care.

Friday, November 26, 2010

How to Marble nail


  This look is called marbling, to achieve this looks all you need is different color lacquers (works best with colors only a few shades off of each other) and a toothpick. This works with nail polish and acrylic gels.

You start by painting horizontal stripes on the nail bed. I like to start with my darker color, then go lighter shades of blue. You want it to be thick enough that it won't dry by the time you try to run the toothpick through.

Now take you're toothpick, start at the top of the nail (near the cuticle) and run it down the nail.


Keep going sideways on the nail.
Do not rub off the toothpick each time you make a stripe.

Notice my second stripe had pink at the top, it's because I didn't rub off my toothpick, you might have to go back to the first one you did to get this.


                                               

This should be the end result. Give a top coat once dried.


                                                                                                  Comments are appreciated

No comments:

Post a Comment