About Me

My photo
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
I am a certified esthetician only out of school for two years, but figured it would be a nice idea to start a blog about my experiences with beauty care.

Friday, December 10, 2010

A good cuticle clip

This is one of my nails I let go for a few weeks, notice how my cuticle is out grown and it's all dried up(winter nails lol)
I soaked my nail in water with a little bit of vitamin E massage oil(to make it more hydrating). For about 5 minutes.

When I was done soaking I dried my nail and pushed up a cuticle, you can do this with a stainless steel cuticle pusher or a wooden flat angled nail art sticks, but you must be gentle.
This is where you're nail grows from.
Pushing the cuticle up before clipping I find helps see how much you want to get.




 Once this is done, you can start clipping the cuticle but I wouldn't advise doing it with anything other then a cuticle nipper. Don't clip too much since the cuticle is there to protect the new nail that's growing out. If it pinches, usually you're too far.
 
Clip but do not pull the clipper away. This is how we cause frays with the cuticle. Does not look nice and sometimes hurt.

This is the after shot. Before cuticle oil.

                       Would love to know if this helps anyone, or if I left anything out.

No comments:

Post a Comment